Integrated Operations (IO)
IO carries the benefits of better use of competencies – across disciplines, location and organization – in a way that makes decisions safer, faster and of better quality. The goal is to make operations more effective by making use of new ways of working. This is made possible by linking competencies, data and tools together in real time – independent of location.
The main objective of IRIS is to be a leading national and international research institution within IO, based on our competencies within the area drilling & well construction and online environmental monitoring.
Steps to reach the objective
- We focus on projects based on multi-disciplines.
- Experiences from IO within drilling & well construction, online environmental monitoring and information security, wireless communication and sensor technologies will be transferred to other areas and branches.
- We have close co-operation with University of Stavanger and with other research institutes in Norway and internationally.
- We commercialize our online technology through subsidiary companies.
- We have strong relations with our most important partners (companies/industries).
- Our position is confirmed by competent external sources, including authorities.